A Glimpse of My Life:
- I was born in the Philippines and have lived there for eleven years. Besides English, I am fluent in Tagalog/Filipino as well as Cebuano/Bisaya. I can also speak and understand some Spanish but I still have to attain my fluency in the language.
- I love nature. I go on annual trips to Yosemite National Park to absorb and experience the beauty of mother nature. I enjoy hiking along the California coast and watch wild dolphins, seals, sea otters, and other marine life in their natural habitat.
- I enjoy traveling. My goal every year is to go to at least ONE new place whether it is a city, a state, an island, or a country. Life is short and the world is too grand not to explore!
- I have numerous hobbies such as landscape photography/videography, playing tennis and volleyball, and collecting ultra-fine point pens that are 0.4mm and below. :)
- My favorite subjects in school were science and math; therefore, I am very excited to be given the opportunity to teach science which includes Biology, Chemistry, and AP Chemistry here at El Capitan High School and directly partake in creating 21st century leaders who can think critically, be creative, and collaborate and communicate effectively.
- I am a product of Merced Union High School District. I attended Livingston High School and graduated as the class valedictorian.
- I pursued my education at University of California, Berkeley and received my BA in Molecular and Cell Biology with emphasis in Cell and Developmental Biology.
- After acquiring my bachelor's degree, I enrolled in the Single Subject Teaching Credential Program at California State University, Stanislaus where I earned my teaching credential in Biology and Chemistry.
- I continue to dedicate all of my efforts, focus, and hard work to acquire effective teaching skills and techniques that will help activate and maintain students' desires to learn.